By: Piedmont Wellness Center Staff
As we get older our exercise goals change along with our health and fitness needs. Men still want to look and feel good but also need to focus on factors such as longevity and overall health.
Here are seven tips for strength training courtesy of Men’s Health.com
– Complete full-body sessions over isolating muscle groups
– Keep activities varied
– Prioritize form over load
– Flexibility, mobility and safety are most important
– Consider working with a personal trainer or joining some classes
– Start by working on basic movement drills
– Stay consistent
Eat plenty of protein to build muscles and recover after a workout.
Double down on recovery time. For every half hour in the gym, spend an hour foam rolling or doing easy yoga.
Interested in membership at our facility? We’re happy to speak to you at the Member Services Desk.
Click below to learn more.Membership
Sign up to receive our newsletter and emails.